Planning a Visit?
The staff at Hills & Dales Estate would like each visitor to have an engaging and authentic experience to the Callaway family home and historic Ferrell Gardens. We have answered some of our most frequently asked questions about the estate below. For any other inquiries, please call (706) 882-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To best enjoy your visit to the estate, we suggest you:
- Check our hours of operation and time of the last home tour.
- Please allow 2 hours for your visit.
- Explore our website prior to your visit to see what’s in bloom and any activities being held at the estate.
- Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Tours & Tickets
- Tickets are available for a Home and Garden tour or a Garden-Only experience. The home tour is docent-led, while the garden experience is self-guided.
- Tours do not occur on a set schedule, nor do tickets need to be purchased in advance, unless you are bringing an organized Group Tour. The last house tour will be given no closer than an hour before closing. For information on our Group Tour packages, please see our Tours & Admissions page.
- We would like for every guest visiting the home and garden to have a pleasant experience. While the home and terraced garden are mostly walking, the first floor of the home and portions of the garden are wheelchair accessible. We also offer transportation from the Visitor Center to the home and garden and back, and there is handicap parking available directly in front of the Visitor Center.
- Because the garden paths are pea gravel and the rugs in the home are thick, motor-powered wheelchairs may not work throughout the entirety of the estate. We do have wheelchairs at the Visitors Center for use during your visit, but you will need to have an assistant to push the chair.
- Our orientation film has the option for closed captioning.
- The following tours can be requested with advanced notice: ASL, Spanish, and Korean.
- Children of all ages are allowed in the home and garden, with ages 7 and under receiving free admission.
- We offer a free Garden Scavenger Hunt to any child. They receive a prize upon completion of the activity.
- Because the garden paths are pea gravel, some strollers may not be able to visit all parts of the garden.
- Pets are not allowed at the estate.
- Properly trained service animals are permitted to enter the estate and are the responsibility of the owner/handler. They may enter the home and garden, however, if the service animal behaves in an unacceptable way or poses a threat to the health and safety of others, we may ask the owner to remove the animal.
- Please see our Photography page for information on our commercial, professional, and amateur photography policies.
- Photography is not allowed in the home.
- Drones are not allowed on the property.
Dining & Lodging
- There is no restaurant or lodging available at the estate. For more information about dining and accommodations in LaGrange, please contact Visit LaGrange.
- If you would like to bring a picnic lunch, we have picnic tables available in the garden for you to enjoy. These include the Pecan Grove, Ray Garden, and Pool House. You are also permitted to bring a blanket and picnic on the ground. Please dispose of trash appropriately.
- Snacks and drinks can be purchased at our Gift Shop.
- If bad weather prevents you from getting the full garden experience, we will offer you a Garden Rain Check. These Rain Checks are good for one year from the date of your visit and can only be redeemed for a Garden-Only ticket. They can’t be put towards the price of a Home and Garden ticket and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Public restrooms are available at the Visitor Center and the Garage.
- We offer free on-site parking at the Visitor Center as well as handicap parking.
- The Visitor Center and Pool Terrace areas can be rented for events. We do not have the capacity for wedding ceremonies, but can accommodate rehearsals and receptions. For more information on our rentals, please see our Private Rentals page.
- We are happy to provide you with additional information, photography, video footage, fact checking, and interviews for your story. Please contact our Communications Manager at email@example.com.